Please read these provisions:
Campus Express is offered by Campus Dining, a unit of the Cal Poly Corporation. By using your Campus Express, you agree to the following terms and conditions.
- USING CAMPUS EXPRESS. Campus Express is used to purchase non-food as well as food items from venues and services around campus or Cal Poly Downtown, and is a dollar for dollar declining balance account. Value rolls over from quarter to quarter and from academic year to academic year as long as the account stays active.
- PLAN ACCESS. Campus Express is a type of “Value Account Plan” that is accessed through the magnetic strip on the University ID card (“PolyCard”). You must present the PolyCard at the cash registers to purchase goods with Campus Express. It is your responsibility to acquire the PolyCard before using Campus Express. Campus Dining provides all food service support at the University, and can be contacted at 805-756-5939 or email@example.com
- VENUES. Other venues may be added or changed (or names changed) throughout the year. Hours will be posted at each venue and at this website. www.calpolydining.com/aboutus/hours.asp. Campus Express can be used at Mustang Shop (in store only, not online), Cal Poly Downtown, Cal Poly Print & Copy, campus computer labs, and for food services at all restaurants on campus.
- ADD VALUE. Value may be added by logging into the MyCalPoly portal (http://my.calpoly.edu), going to the Money Matters tab, and clicking on the Campus Express channel, by credit card Visa, MasterCard, American Express or Discover. Online value additions by credit card are usually instantaneous but may be delayed due to network traffic. Restitution is required for overdrafts resulting from purchases made while the cash register system may be off-line, with the computer server showing updated balances.
- CANCELLATION. You may request cancellation of the Campus Express account at any time by completing the Refund/Transfer Request form (PDF). Campus Dining reserves the right to close a Campus Express account twelve months after cease of student or employment status. A $25 cancellation charge applies.
- REFUNDS. Refunds may be requested at any time. Refunds may be subject to a $25 processing charge.
- Partial Refunds are not given.
- It is the sole responsibility of the student, faculty or staff to request a Refund.
- FORFEITURE OF VALUE. If a Refund of unused Value is not requested prior to when a Campus Express account is closed by Campus Dining, the remaining Value will be forfeited.
- PURCHASING WHEN STUDENT MAY HAVE MULTIPLE VALUE ACCOUNT PLANS. There are multiple “Value Account Plans” available to Students on campus and all are accessed through the PolyCard. The cash registers are generally set to deduct value from the PolyCard in the following order: Dining Credits, Plu$ Dollars, and then Campus Express. The Student can ask the cashier in advance to deduct a purchase from a specific Value Account Plan for a particular purchase, if that Value Account Plan is valid for that purchase.
- NO TRANSFERS. The use of Campus Express is limited to the Student whose name appears on the PolyCard. The value and the Plan may not be resold, assigned, transferred, or used by anyone else without prior authorization of Campus Dining.
- UNAUTHORIZED USE. Unauthorized use of the PolyCard or Campus Express value, including use by a party other than the person identified on the PolyCard, or tampering with or altering the PolyCard may warrant confiscation and possible disciplinary action by the University, a fine, and possible forfeiture of value expended.
- LOST OR STOLEN CARDS. The student, faculty or staff is responsible for any charges on a lost or stolen PolyCard. Student is responsible for maintaining the integrity of the PolyCard in good working order. Magnetic fields, such as those created by TV, stereo, microwave, or magnetic clasps of wallets and purses can make a card unreadable, as can heat, water and eel skin. A minimum charge of $5 may be charged by University’s PolyCard office to replace a PolyCard for any reason. The PolyCard must be readable by Campus Dining’s cash registers in order for a purchase to be transacted. It is the Student’s responsibility to report a lost or stolen PolyCard by:
- Logging into the MyCalPoly portal (http://my.calpoly.edu), going to the Money Matters tab, clicking on the Campus Express channel, then clicking “Lost/Stolen Card” on the right, which instantly deactivates the PolyCard and all value account plans on the PolyCard.
- NO INTEREST. No interest or other earnings will be credited to the account by Cal Poly Corporation.
- MISCELLANEOUS. Any situation not specifically addressed herein will be resolved at the sole discretion of Campus Dining. Campus Dining cannot be responsible for payments that are lost, late, misdirected, mutilated, or delayed. Campus Dining is not responsible for incomplete, incorrect, or illegible entries made by the Member during the application, Refund, or add value process.
- AMENDMENT OF TERMS. 1. Campus Dining may amend the terms of this Contract at any time.